Hindustani 2 trailer launch: Kamal Haasan remembers Dilip Kumar; lets out a SECRET: “I used to come to Mumbai on his birthday and kneel before him to kiss his hand”

The trailer launch of Indian 2’s Hindi version, Hindustani 2, was launched in a grand fashion in Mumbai. It was graced by the film’s actors Kamal Haasan and director Shankar and they shared fascinating trivia. Kamal Haasan went down memory lane and opened up on his love for legendary actor, Dilip Kumar.

Kamal Haasan began by reacting to the praise showered by Siddharth saying, “Just a few days ago, I was saluting my gurus. Now, here’s a gentleman who’s calling me a guru. I don’t know whether I should accept it or doubt myself. I have always doubted myself because I have worked with some of the greatest teachers who have put me on this stage. Some of them have been from here (Bollywood). I am a great fan and student of Yusuf saab, that is, Dilip Kumar saab.”

Kamal Haasan then opened up about an unknown aspect of his life. “I don’t know how many of you know the secret that I used to come to Mumbai, whenever possible in December on his (Dilip Kumar’s) birthday and kneel before him to kiss his hand,” he said. As expected, there was applause as soon as Kamal let out this trivia.

He continued, “I am a movie buff and I am a child of cinema. I did my first film when I was 3 years old. It was released when I turned 5. And even now, I am still working. Thank you!”

Kamal Haasan also talked about Thevar Magan (1992) which starred him in the lead role along with legendary actor Sivaji Ganesan. In June 2022, when Kamal Haasan was in Mumbai to promote his film Vikram, he revealed that he wanted to play his role in the Hindi remake as well and also that he wanted Dilip Kumar as the father.

He said, “There's one actor whom I miss and I really wanted to work with. I really held his hand and begged him but he had decided not to act (and that actor is) Dilip Kumar saab. I wanted to make Thevar Magan with him. It didn't happen, so I gave it to another friend and he made it with Anil Kapoor saab and Amrish Puri saab.” The Hindi remake was titled Virasat (1997).

Hindustani 2 releases in cinemas on July 12, 2024.

Also Read: Indian 2: Kamal Haasan thanks Indian politics for providing core to the sequel: “Because of the growing corruption, the second coming of Indian Thatha has meaning for you”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/0oZPQ9B
via IFTTT